SageCite was a JISC funded project to develop and test a Citation Framework linking data, methods and publications. The project had international links with the Concept Web Alliance and Bio2RDF. The partners were UKOLN, the University of Manchester and the British Library (representing DataCite), with contributions from Nature Genetics and PLOS.
The project worked through a number of work packages comprising:
- Review and evaluation of options and approaches for data citation
- Understanding the requirements for citing large-scale network models of disease and compound research obejcts
- Demonstration of a citation-enabled workflow using a linked data approach
- Benefits mapping using the KRDS2 taxonomy
- Technical and policy implications of citation by leading publishers
- Dissemination across communities (bio-informatics and research and information communities)