SysMO Data management
- Website: http://www.sysmo-db.org
- Started: July 1, 2008
- Project reference: http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/research/grants/grants/AwardDetails.aspx?FundingReference=BB/G010218/1
SysMO-DB created a web-based platform, and tooling, for finding, sharing and exchanging Data, Models and Processes in Systems Biology. It was designed to support the SysMO Consortium(Systems Biology for Micro-Organisms), but the principles and methods employed are equally applicable to other multi-site Systems Biology projects.
The main objectives of SysMO-DB were to: facilitate the web-based exchange of data between research groups within- and inter- consortia, and to provide an integrated platform for the dissemination of the results of the SysMO projects to the scientific community. We aimed to devise a progressive and scalable solution to the data management needs of the SysMO initiative, that:
- facilitates and maximises the potential for data exchange between SysMO research groups;
- maximises the ‘shelf life’ and utility of data generated by SysMO;
- provides an integrated platform for the dissemination of the results of the SysMO projects to the scientific community; and
- facilitates standardisation of practices in Systems Biology for the interfacing of modelling and experimentation.
SysMO-DB had a second round of funding - SysMO-DB2 - that ran from November 2010 until November 2014 .
The success of SysMO-DB eventually lead to the formation and funding of FAIRDOM