RO-Crate is s community effort to practically achieve FAIR packaging of research objects (digital objects like data, methods, software) with structured metadata. RO-Crate uses well-established Web standards and FAIR principles. For common metadata representations, RO-Crate builds on schema.org, a mature and general mark-up vocabulary used by search engines including Google Dataset Search. RO-Crate is co-led by eScience Lab and used in several of our projects as a pragmatic implementation of the FAIR Digital Objects vision.
- Galaxy Smörgåsbord 2023, virtual, 2023-05-23/–26
- Module: FAIR data and provenance with RO-Crate and Galaxy
- ELIXIR All Hands 2023, Dublin+virtual, 2023-06-05/–08
- Workshop: Building lightweight FAIR data packages with Bioschemas and RO-Crate 2023-06-06
- Open Science Festival 2023, 2023-07-04/–05, Cologne, Germany.
In addition we have submitted workshop proposals for:
- Open Science FAIR, Madrid, 2023-09-25/–27
- Lightweight reproducible FAIR data packages: A practical introduction to RO-Crate and schema.org (submitted)
The training material will also be made available on the RO-Crate outreach section.