Biodiversity Digital Twin
- Website: https://biodt.org/
- Started: June 1, 2022
- Duration: 36 months
- Project reference: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101057437
The Biodiversity Digital Twin prototype provides advanced models for simulation and prediction capabilities, through practical use cases addressing critical issues related to global biodiversity dynamics.
BioDT exploits the LUMI Supercomputer and employs FAIR data combined with digital infrastructure, predictive modelling and AI solutions, facilitating evidence-based solutions for biodiversity protection and restoration.
Funded by Horizon Europe call HORIZON-INFRA-2021-TECH-01-01, the project responds to key EU and international policy initiatives, including the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030, EU Green Deal, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Destination Earth.
eScience Lab involvement
- WP5: Improving Quality of Data, Workflows and Models through FAIR Principles
- Task 5.4: Supporting FAIR workflows and models (M1-M36) (lead: UNIMAN)
- D5.1: Pilot Service to open up FAIR semantic mappings for FDO (M24)
- D5.2: Pilot integration of workflows and data products organised through FDO with common community workflows and data products used within the RIs (M34)
- WP6: Simulation, Modelling and Data Analytics