The European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD)
- Website: http://www.ejprarediseases.org
- Started: January 1, 2019
- Duration: 5 years
- Project reference: https://doi.org/10.3030/825575
The European Joint Programme on RD (EJP RD) has two major objectives:
- To improve the integration, the efficacy, the production and the social impact of research on RD through the development, demonstration and promotion of Europe/world-wide sharing of research and clinical data, materials, processes, knowledge and know-how;
- To implement and further develop an efficient model of financial support for all types of research on RD (fundamental, clinical, epidemiological, social, economic, health service) coupled with accelerated exploitation of research results for benefit of patients.
To this end, the EJP RD actions are organized within four major Pillars assisted by the central coordination and transversal activities:
- Pillar 1: Funding of research;
- Pillar 2: Coordinated access to data and resources;
- Pillar 3: Capacity building;
- Pillar 4: Accelerated translation of research projects and improvement outcomes of clinical studies.
eScience Lab contribution
The TeSS team will participate in the delivery of Task 3, Work Package 16, Pillar 3. To this end, we will support the aggregation and dissemination of training opportunities and events provisioned throughout the duration of the program.
- Pillar 3: Capacity building
- WP16: Online Academic Education Course
- Task T16.3: Follow-up, evaluation and monitoring (lead: UCAM)